Monday, November 28, 2011

Advent Traditions

It's hard to believe that the season of Advent is already here.  It seems that I was caught a bit unprepared and had to rush to uncover the Christmas decoration boxes from the basement in time to light the Advent wreath on Sunday.  Now that my daughters are a bit older, I think it's time to start a few Advent traditions. So each night of Advent this year, we will light the Advent wreath and follow along in this book, The Christmas Countdown: Creating 25 Days of New Advent Traditions for Families.  I purchased the book on Amazon and downloaded it to the Kindle app on my iPad.  It was quick, easy, and inexpensive.  So far, we've had some interesting dinner table discussions from the prompts given in the book.  And I love that we're repeating old traditions, like lighting the Advent wreath and setting up our nativity set, and creating new ones as a family. 




No comments:

Post a Comment